Thursday, April 13, 2017

Interpreting Shapes: Further Thought for the Final Project

     Considering the final project, I came across these pages of the journal, which asked you to look at the two shapes and write something that each could be. This gave me inspiration for another part of my idea: multiple interpretations. While the main objective of the project will be to highlight the things I gained and missed during my years in college, I would now like to write it in some way that is more open to interpretation and less black and white, "this was fun, this wasn't" type of a narrative. How this will be done is still being thought out, but there are several possibilities.
     For example, I could come at this addition from a literal standpoint or an emotional one. With a literal interpretation, it would simply mean that the narrative could literally be interpreted in a multitude of ways, simply based on how the pages are written. The reader would be meant to take it at face value and interpret based on text alone. On the other hand, an emotional appeal would be more satisfying to me. Instead, the way I write each section would be based on the emotion I want the reader to feel. It would still be open to interpretation, but would be more heavily influenced by the reader's own experiences with college. Either way, I feel the multiple interpretations addition would bring a beneficial addition to the final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment